- Milano Bellisimo Review by David
Having been smoking a Carey Magic Inch Ten-Minute pipe and after brief foray with a Falcon, I decided to get another Magic Inch but in a fuller size. Careful perusal kept bringing me back to this pipe and I took the plunge.
First impressions out the box are the quality feel and good finish. Also I was pleased to feel its lightness, one of the charms of the Ten-Minute range. I would normally prefer a smooth finish, but the rustic design is pleasing to the eye and quite tactile in the hand. The stem and mouth piece are not quite as bent as the full-bent Ten Minute, but on clenching the pipe sits comfortably and does not feel awkward.
First smoke, a 3/4 bowl of Carey's Bruno mix, lit and smoked well, and I reckon this will not take a great deal to break in if at all. No discernable taste imparted to the tobacco and it smoked well to the bottom of the bowl, better in fact than the ten-minuter. Of course the superb Magic Inch system works perfectly and delivers cool, flavoursome smoke with no bite.
Summary this is a good quality feel, smooth smoking pleasurable pipe, light in the mouth and superb value. The Milano is my new main pipe and perfect for everyday use. Now its back to the catalogue to look for my Xmas present....!
(Posted on 04/09/2014)
- Highly recommended Review by Jeffers
- Just received my new Milano, and now just breaking it in. To start with must say this is a lovely pipe and excellent value for money. It is quite light, compared to my other recent new pipe a john brumfit bulldog which is very heavy and a beast! It has a nice sized bowl, and of course only filling it half way to break it in, is not quite the same, but saying that I have had some old belt Virginia blend, it was a lovely smoke. It's true the magic inch does make it a different smoke, nice and cool, and I savoured every minute of it. This was a nice mild smoke, and good for a newbie like me. I usually smoke St Bruno, and this is a totally different smoke. Thanks for your quick service. I would highly recommend this pipe for anyone new to pipe smoking. It looks really good, nice to hold, and not a ton weight gripping it. I loved every minute of my smoke, and looking forward to all the other samples I have received. Thanks Carey's. Happy smoking guys, cheers Jeff (Posted on 01/08/2014)
- What a treat! Review by John
Received my new pipe and assorted baccy a couple of days ago, many thanks;-))
Last night after admiring it some more, my Milano full bent apple went into action, I decided to flash her up with your black aromatic. What a treat!!! Best relaxing smoke I’ve had in a long time, especially from a new pipe too;-)) thank you very much. (Posted on 28/07/2014)
- Nice pipe Review by German
- Received this pipe today. It´s a good pipe for beginners with a good sized bowl and a lovely rusticated design. For the price, it´s quite a good smoke specially when I take into consideration that in the country I live, I would pay alot more for a inferior pipe. There is no considerable defect on the finishes which is somewhat remarkable because this was an international shipping (of course, the well made packaging helped). If there is any pipe product which I need to order online, this shop will be my first choice. Thank you for the good service. (Posted on 28/08/2013)
- Lovely Pipe Review by Padraig
- Received this pipe yesterday, smokes really well and it is definitely going to be my go to pipe. I love it. (Posted on 15/03/2013)
- Compares well against Peterson... Review by TRH
Ordered a new pipe and baccy on 29-1-13 and just recieved it 01-2-13 so must congratulate you on your prompt despatch. Have smoked a Peterson for many years but this Milano full bent apple is a very pleasant cool smoke. What a brilliant site for all requisites - will deal with you again as cannot fault your service so pass it on to all involved. Best Wishes, Trevor.
(Posted on 12/02/2013)
- A very nice pipe Review by Pete
- A very nice pipe, light with nice markings on the bowl. The bowl is just the right size and sits nicely in the hand (Posted on 11/12/2011)