- Better than the original Review by Cocky Dunhill
- Whereas late production of Balkan Sobranie tended towards sharpness, this is a great Latakia belnd, easy on the tongue and full of charactersitic notes of smoky copenhagen tar and sailing ship rope. Clean, spicy and complex. (Posted on 23/05/2013)
- Stunningly different Review by PeterC
- This was my first experience of Latakia and on opening the pouch for the first time I thought "what an odd smell", not knowing quite what to expect. I was all set not to like it but with the first puff I was won over. This is one of the most satisfying smokes I have ever come across, fabulous deep, peaty flavour yet mild with it - a rare combination. Probably not to everyone's taste; it is to tobacco what Laphroaig is to whisky. (Posted on 02/05/2013)
- Outstanding! Review by Steve Horsfall
I'm a Lat fiend, so it's not surprising that I liked this best of the lot, but it really is outstanding. Brown and black in appearance, overall dark, the smell, which is pretty strong, is of leather and dried fruit. The taste is rich, full-bodied, and smoky, with a hint of oiliness (which is good, as long as it's only a hint). Fantastic.
(Posted on 03/01/2013)
- Top Class Review by Double J
Just smoked the first bowl of this and have to say the blend is a real corker! Lovely, rich smoke and taste, wonderful combustion, no bite, lovely after-notes: I didn't want the bowl to end.
I can definitely recommend this Balkan Mix without hesitation. (Posted on 29/03/2012)