- Very satisfied. Review by Kaydee
- I have bought this item twice and on both occasions have found the quality, taste a d freshness of the tobacco to be excellent. (Posted on 07/10/2015)
- Best smoke in years Review by william
- I have been smoking this for a few months. As I seem to be the only pipe man in Woburn Sands many folk that have given up smoking often stop me to have a smell of my pipe smoke saying it takes them back many years or I remind the ladies of their husbands that have passed away. I will only stop the day I die. (Posted on 24/11/2014)
- Interesting but not to my taste Review by Alec
Very interesting tobacco but seeing as how I'm venturing back into pipe smoking after a few years in the wilderness this tobacco was a bit strong for me.
Worth trying if you are a Latakia fanatic. (Posted on 20/09/2014)
- Jackie Wells Review by Baps
- Being from N.Ireland there is little to no pipe tobacco blends in local shops. The only ones available are Mellow Virginia and Condor - not much of a choice. This is why I'm using Careys. Their Balkan Special Blend is a great, rich smoke that I've used this past 6 weeks and find it fastastic. Long may it continue! (Posted on 06/11/2013)
- Better than the original Review by Cocky Dunhill
- Whereas late production of Balkan Sobranie tended towards sharpness, this is a great Latakia belnd, easy on the tongue and full of charactersitic notes of smoky copenhagen tar and sailing ship rope. Clean, spicy and complex. (Posted on 23/05/2013)
- Stunningly different Review by PeterC
- This was my first experience of Latakia and on opening the pouch for the first time I thought "what an odd smell", not knowing quite what to expect. I was all set not to like it but with the first puff I was won over. This is one of the most satisfying smokes I have ever come across, fabulous deep, peaty flavour yet mild with it - a rare combination. Probably not to everyone's taste; it is to tobacco what Laphroaig is to whisky. (Posted on 02/05/2013)
- Outstanding! Review by Steve Horsfall
I'm a Lat fiend, so it's not surprising that I liked this best of the lot, but it really is outstanding. Brown and black in appearance, overall dark, the smell, which is pretty strong, is of leather and dried fruit. The taste is rich, full-bodied, and smoky, with a hint of oiliness (which is good, as long as it's only a hint). Fantastic.
(Posted on 03/01/2013)
- Top Class Review by Double J
Just smoked the first bowl of this and have to say the blend is a real corker! Lovely, rich smoke and taste, wonderful combustion, no bite, lovely after-notes: I didn't want the bowl to end.
I can definitely recommend this Balkan Mix without hesitation. (Posted on 29/03/2012)